Monday 5 October 2009

Girls Aloud' in Cole 'was homesick


Cheryl Cole has admitted that she felt homesick when she began working with Girls Aloud.
Speaking to The Times, the singer explained that she had never spent so much time away from Newcastle before.
Referring to her hometown, she said: "For me there's always that feeling, that smell in the air. When I started in the band I was so homesick. London was such a change mentality. People didn't get my humour.
"I would go home for an afternoon if I had half a day off. I suppose I was craving normality because everything happened so quickly and I just had to be home for those few hours.
"But when I got married I felt I had a whole change family and a life in London."
Cole also said that she is nervous about beginning her solo career.
"It's exciting and scary doing my own stuff," she explained. "Growing up I always needed to perform, but I always needed to be in a band because it's a form of protection being in a little gang."
Cole's debut solo single 'Fight For This Love' is released on October 19.

No comments: